英语乐翻天-如何用英语谈论购买食品FoodShopping

怀薇评国际趣事 2025-01-03 12:39:07

Welcome to a supermarket!

欢迎来到超市!

We need to do a food shop, so come with us, and let's learn all the English vocabulary you need for food shopping.

我们需要去买些食物,所以跟我们一起来,学习所有你需要的食品购物英语词汇。

Let's go!

我们走吧!

…… Welcome! The first thing we need to do is pick up a trolley.

……欢迎!我们首先需要做的是拿一个购物车。

In the UK, we call it a "shopping trolley"; in the US, they call it a "cart".

在英国,我们称之为“shopping trolley”;在美国,他们称之为“cart”。

So, come shopping with me, and I will talk you through all of the aisles I walk through and all of the different sections I look at.

所以,跟我一起购物,我会带你走过我经过的所有过道和我看的所有不同区域。

Here I am, looking absolutely thrilled, ready to tick things off my shopping list.

我在这里,看起来非常兴奋,准备在我的购物清单上勾选项目。

My absolute favorite section — the bakery section!

我最喜欢的区域——面包区!

Oh, I could do some damage here.

哦,我在这里可能会买很多东西。

"Reduced to clear" just means that the items have been reduced; the price is less than it was initially because they want to clear the shelves and make room for new items.

“Reduced to clear(降价清仓)”意味着这些商品已经降价;价格比最初低,因为他们想清空货架,为新商品腾出空间。

So, if you see that word "reduced," it means the items are cheaper.

所以,如果你看到“reduced(降价)”这个词,就意味着这些商品更便宜。

So go there if you want to buy some bargains.

所以如果你想买些便宜货,就去那里。

British people will often call this section the "fruit and veg" section.

英国人通常会称这个区域为“fruit and veg(水果和蔬菜)”区。

We don't even say "vegetable"; we just say "fruit and veg." Here I am looking in the meat, fish, and poultry aisle.

我们甚至不说“vegetable”,我们只说“fruit and veg”。我在这里看看肉类、鱼类和家禽区。

Poultry are birds, so think chicken, turkey, duck — that's poultry.

家禽是鸟类,所以想想鸡、火鸡、鸭子——这就是家禽。

Oh, look! The sign there says "poultry." Next up, we are in the dairy section, and this is where you will find milk, eggs, cheese, and butter.

哦,看!那里的标志上写着“家禽”。接下来,我们在乳制品区,这里你会找到牛奶、鸡蛋、奶酪和黄油。

But I am buying some alternative milk because we don't really like drinking real milk; it gives us a tummy ache, so we buy alternative milk.

但我买了一些替代牛奶,因为我们不太喜欢喝真正的牛奶;它让我们肚子疼,所以我们买替代牛奶。

Here I am looking for Elsa because I'm in the frozen section, or the frozen aisle.

我在这里找艾尔莎,因为我在冷冻区,或者说冷冻过道。

So, here is where I will buy foods that are frozen.

所以,这里是我会买冷冻食品的地方。

If you see a sign that says "Challenge 25," that just means if you want to buy an age-restricted product like wine, then if you look under 25, they are probably going to ask you for some identification.

如果你看到一个标志上写着“Challenge 25”,那只是意味着如果你想买一个有年龄限制的产品,比如酒,那么如果你看起来不到 25 岁,他们可能会要求你出示一些身份证明。

But if you look older than 25, they probably won't ask you.

但如果你看起来超过 25 岁,他们可能不会问你。

As we are in the UK, this is the crisps (not chips) , the crisps and snacks aisle.

因为我们在英国,这里是薯片(不是炸薯条),薯片和零食过道。

Most supermarkets will call this aisle "sauces and seasonings," and most supermarkets will call this either the household section or the cleaning aisle.

大多数超市会称这个过道为“sauces and seasonings(酱料和调味品)”,大多数超市会称这个为家庭用品区或清洁过道。

Here you will find all of your cleaning products for the household.

在这里你会找到所有的家庭清洁产品。

I'm finished with my shopping, so now I'm going to check out at the till, and I'm going to put all of my products onto this conveyor belt.

我购物完了,所以现在我要在收银台结账,我要把所有的商品放到这个传送带上。

Then, all of my shopping gets put into shopping bags or carrier bags.

然后,我所有的购物都会被放进购物袋或手提袋。

Now this is my shopping — I am taking my shopping to the car.

现在这是我的购物——我要把我的购物带到车上。

And we're home!

我们到家了!

We're back with all of our items, and we're going to look through all of them and improve your vocabulary.

我们带着所有的物品回来了,我们要查看所有的物品并提高你的词汇量。

Let's go! What's the first thing in the bag? What've we got?

我们开始吧!袋子里的第一件东西是什么?我们有什么?

Bananas, bananas, bananas. We all know bananas.

香蕉。我们都知道香蕉。

So we got some bananas, now, if I wanted to eat this banana, what am I going to do with it? - Peel it.

所以我们买了一些香蕉,现在,如果我想吃这个香蕉,我要怎么做?- 剥皮。

Peel it. So "peel" is the verb, but also the stuff that surrounds the banana is… - A peel.

剥皮。所以“peel(剥皮)”是动词,但包裹香蕉的东西是……- peel(皮)。

Yeah, banana peel.

是的,香蕉皮。

So you've got the banana peel, but you also peel the banana.

所以——香蕉皮,但你也“剥”香蕉。

Bananas — great start! Cool!

香蕉——很好的开始!酷!

We have a carton of eggs.

我们有一盒鸡蛋。

"Carton" — very important.

“Carton(盒)”——非常重要。

So this comes in a carton usually, and it's actually half a dozen eggs.

所以这通常是装在一个盒子里的,实际上是半打鸡蛋。

Do you know what a dozen is?

你知道一打是什么吗?

A dozen means 12, so half a dozen is six.

一打是 12,所以半打是六个。

We've got half a dozen eggs.

我们有半打鸡蛋。

Are any of them cracked?

它们有破裂的吗?

No, and you've always got to check.

没有,你总是要检查一下的。

Well, you don't have to, but it's advised to check.

好吧,你不一定要,但建议检查一下。

Before, I do remember getting some eggs.

以前,我记得买过一些鸡蛋。

My nan asked me to get some eggs from the butcher's when I was a teenager.

我奶奶让我在我十几岁的时候从肉店买些鸡蛋。

So, I thought, "I'm going to impress her. I'm going to run to the butcher's, and I'm going to get the eggs, and I'm going to run back." And I didn't think, and I ran to the butcher's.

所以,我想,“我要让她印象深刻。我会跑到肉店,我会买鸡蛋,然后跑回来。”我没想太多,我跑到肉店。

I put the eggs in just a carrier bag, and then I ran home, and all the eggs were cracked.

我只是把鸡蛋放在一个手提袋里,然后我跑回家,所有的鸡蛋都破了。

Oh no, broken, ruined!

哦,不,坏了,毁了!

What have we got next? - Anchovies!

我们接下来有什么?- 凤尾鱼!

I've never bought anchovies before, but here I am.

我以前从没买过凤尾鱼,但现在我买了。

And I'm going to make some lovely pasta this week. - That's nice Very salty.

这周我要做一些美味的意大利面。- 那很好非常咸。

In a tin. And I appreciate this because the tin's got an easy-open little tab.

装在一个罐头里。我很欣赏这一点,因为罐头有一个易开的拉环。

I don't like using a tin opener. - No, you don't.

我不喜欢用开罐器。- 你不喜欢。

I can't. I don't know how to use a tin opener.

我不会。我不知道怎么用开罐器。

It really stresses me out, so having a little pull tab — I love that.

这真的让我很紧张,所以有一个小拉环——我喜欢这个。

Really, really good!

真的,真的很好!

Baby sweet corn! Lovely.

小甜玉米!可爱。

Baby sweet corn, also known as baby corn.

小甜玉米,也被称为玉米笋。

I think it's just baby corn here.

我想这里就叫玉米笋。

Yeah, love baby corn — so nice.

是的,我喜欢玉米笋——太好了。

Very rogue this week, very rogue this week!

这周很不寻常,这周很不寻常!

Chilies! I'm making something with chilies, and chilies. - I don't… I'm a bit scared of this because I don't really do spice.

辣椒!我在做一些有辣椒的东西,辣椒。- 我不…我有点害怕这个,因为我不太吃辣。

So, you're making a pasta this week, and you've bought a chili. I'm a bit worried about it. - Medium heat.

所以,你这周要做意大利面,还买了一个辣椒。我有点担心。- 中等辣度。

It'll be fine. I'm only going to use one, and… You are going to use it sparingly. -Probably.

没事的。我只会用一个,而且…你会省着用的。- 可能吧。

But the recipe doesn't mention anything about removing the seeds.

但食谱没有提到要去掉种子。

The seeds are the spicy part.

种子是最辣的那部分。

I like that we've chosen — we've got a bag each. I quite like that.

我喜欢我们选择了——我们每人都有一个袋子。我很喜欢这个。

We've got some… - Oh, nice!

我们有一些… - 哦,真好!

Sourdough bread. - A sourdough. And I think the word they use on here is… yes, a sourdough bloomer.

酸面包。- 一个酸面包。我想他们在这里用的词是……是的,一个酸面包。

That's nice. You might see that in the UK; I don't know if you'd see it in the US, but a bloomer is like a big loaf.

那很好。你可能在英国会看到这个;我不知道你在美国是否会看到,但酸面包就像一个大面包。

It's just another word for a loaf.

这只是“loaf”的另一个词。

Is it because it grows out? It blooms like that. - Blooms, yeah.

是因为它长出来了吗?它就像这样绽放。- 绽放,是的。

So it kind of insinuates that it's very fluffy inside. It's going to be a nice, good loaf.

所以它有点暗示里面很蓬松。会是一个不错的面包。

So, that is a brown sourdough bloomer.

所以,这是一个棕色的酸面包。

Sourdough is alive, isn't it?

酸面包是活性的,不是吗?

I don't know if it's alive now.

我不知道它现在是否活着。

It has bacteria in it or something.

里面有细菌或什么的。

It's good for your gut, and it says here the adjectives they use are tangy and nutty.

对你的肠道有好处,这里说他们用的形容词是酸味和坚果味。

Oh, useful!

哦,真有用!

Lovely, lovely. What's in your bag, Laura?

可爱,很不错。你的袋子里有什么,劳拉?

Oh, are we not doing one bag? - Let's mix it up!

哦,我们不是先讲完一个袋子里的东西吗?- 让我们混合一下!

Okay, so I've got… now, I'm not proud of this. I'm really not proud of this.

好的,所以我有……现在,我对此不太自豪。我真的不太自豪。

It's not very eco-friendly, but I like to have a salad every day.

这不是很环保,但我喜欢每天吃沙拉。

So, these are my salads, but I buy boxed salads.

所以,这些是我的沙拉,但我买的是盒装沙拉。

So in here, it's got lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion.

所以这里面有生菜、西红柿和红洋葱。

And it's not very eco-friendly because they come in individual plastic boxes. - We do recycle the boxes.

这不是很环保,因为它们是单独的塑料盒装的。- 我们会回收这些盒子。

We do recycle the boxes, but it's so much easier than getting the lettuce, cutting the lettuce, cutting the onion.

我们会回收这些盒子,但这比买生菜、切生菜、切洋葱要容易得多。

Do you think that you would ever do that?

你觉得你会这样做吗?

It's just a lot because I have a salad every single day.

这太多了,因为我每天都吃沙拉。

I would spend my whole life cutting onions, and I hate cutting onions because it makes me cry.

我切洋葱要特别长时间,而我讨厌切洋葱,因为它让我哭。

So those are my salads for the week because we're only eating here for two days, and then we're going somewhere else.

所以这些是我这周的沙拉,因为我们只在这里吃两天,然后我们要去别的地方。

This is part of your meal deal. - Welcome to the UK!

这是你套餐的一部分。- 欢迎来到英国!

So, in the UK, most UK supermarkets. This is part of my meal deal.

所以,在英国,大多数英国超市。这是我套餐的一部分。

Let's see if we've got all the elements of the meal deal.

让我们看看我们是否有套餐的所有元素。

So, most UK supermarkets will do something called a meal deal.

所以,大多数英国超市会做一种叫套餐的东西。

That is usually £4 or £3.50? - It used to be £3, now it's £3.50.

通常是 4 英镑或 3.5 英镑?- 以前是 3 英镑,现在是 3.5 英镑。

It's £4, but if you have some kind of membership, like a club card or something with the supermarket, it makes it £3.50. Bad!

是 4 英镑,但如果你有某种会员卡,比如俱乐部卡或超市的东西,它会变成 3.5 英镑。很糟糕!

You get a main, and you can choose — it's normally a sandwich or I normally have sushi.

你可以选择一个主食,通常是三明治,或者我通常会选择寿司。

And then… sushi, if you're from Japan watching this, I'm so sorry — it's not real good sushi.

然后……寿司,如果你是来自日本的观众,我很抱歉——这不是很好的寿司。

It's UK sushi — I'm very sorry.

这是英国的寿司——我非常抱歉。

And a drink — orange juice — and a snack.

还有一杯饮料——橙汁——和一个小吃。

So that could be anything from crisps to a chocolate bar, some fruit.

所以小吃可以是薯片、巧克力棒或者一些水果。

I've got these chicken satay skewers because they're good for protein.

我选择了这些鸡肉沙爹串,因为它们富含蛋白质。

It's all about protein.

一切都关乎蛋白质。

Dropped salt and vinegar crisps.

掉了盐醋味薯片。

And I do think that you can tell a lot about somebody by the meal deal that they have.

我确实认为你可以通过一个人的套餐选择了解很多关于他们的信息。

Oh yeah, like if somebody has a ham sandwich, water, and ready-salted crisps — boring guy.

哦,是的,比如如果有人选择火腿三明治、水和原味薯片——无聊的人。

No offense. - Possibly.

无意冒犯。- 可能吧。

Whereas if you have… oh, I think that's a very, very… - Look at this: sushi, chicken, satay, protein, and a fruit smoothie.

而如果你有……哦,我觉得这是一个非常非常……- 看看这个:寿司、鸡肉、沙爹、蛋白质和水果奶昔。

Yeah, not bad. - Health queen, health queen!

是的,不错。- 健康女王,健康女王!

Next up, we have prawns — cooked and ready to eat because I'm lazy, and I just want to put them in the meal and just make it.

接下来,我们有虾——煮熟的,可以直接吃,因为我很懒,我只想把它们放进餐里就行了。

Yeah, because you can get uncooked prawns that are gray — is that right?

是的,因为你可以买到未煮熟的灰色虾——是这样吗?

Yeah, I love prawns. I love prawns!

是的,我爱虾。我爱虾!

I really want you to open them now, and I would eat all of them.

我真的很想让你现在打开它们,我会吃光。

My grandmother does that — she just buys a pack of prawns and eats them.

我奶奶就是这样——她就会买一包虾然后吃掉。

Yeah, I would do that as well. - Yeah.

是的,我也会这样做。- 是的。

I remember my mom used to buy prawns, actually, and I used to have a bowl of prawns.

我记得我妈妈以前买虾,其实,我以前有一碗虾。

Oh, that takes me back!

哦,那真让我回忆起了过去的事情!

Okay, what do we have next? By the way? - We just have some more salad.

好的,接下来我们有什么?顺便说一下?- 我们还有一些沙拉。

Laura has the boxes of salad, I have the bags of salad.

劳拉有沙拉盒,我有沙拉袋。

Um, yours is rocket and baby leaf.

嗯,你的是芝麻菜和嫩叶。

I don't even know what baby leaf is.

我甚至不知道嫩叶是什么。

Mayonnaise. - But we call it "mayo".

蛋黄酱。- 但我们叫它“美乃滋”。

I call it mayo. I'm not calling it mayonnaise.

我叫它美乃滋。我不叫它蛋黄酱。

And it's light mayo, which means — if the word "light" comes before a food item, it normally means it's less in calories or it's a bit healthier for you.

而且是低脂美乃滋,这意味着——如果“light(低脂)”这个词出现在食物名称前,通常意味着它的卡路里更少,或者对你更健康。

So, light mayo is the less fatty, less calorific — there's a good word — less calorific version of full-fat mayonnaise.

所以,低脂美乃滋是全脂蛋黄酱的低脂、低卡路里——这是个好词——低卡路里版本。

So, you've got light or full-fat.

所以,你有低脂或全脂。

Full-fat means you've got everything in. - Do they call it full-fat mayonnaise? And do they just call it mayonnaise?

全脂意味着你有所有的成分。- 他们叫它全脂蛋黄酱吗?他们只是叫它蛋黄酱吗?

No, so mayonnaise on the shelf is mayonnaise, but if you're comparing it to light mayonnaise, you might say, "Oh, I used to have full-fat mayo, but now I have light." Some people might say "normal mayo." Yeah, normal mayo, but if you're making the comparison, I think full-fat and light.

不,所以货架上的蛋黄酱就是蛋黄酱,但如果你把它和低脂蛋黄酱比较,你可能会说,“哦,我以前吃全脂美乃滋,但现在我吃低脂的。”有些人可能会说“普通美乃滋”。是的,普通美乃滋,但如果你在做比较,我认为是全脂和低脂。

Some peppers. - Peppers, lovely!

一些辣椒。- 辣椒,很好!

In the US, they call these bell peppers, but we just call them peppers in the UK — not to be confused with pepper, so salt and pepper (no plural) — peppers, these guys.

在美国,他们称这些为甜椒,但在英国我们只叫它们辣椒——不要与胡椒混淆,所以是盐和胡椒(没有复数)——这些是辣椒。

Is it because in America, in the US, they call the chilies that we've bought peppers also, like chili peppers, and they call these bell peppers?

是不是因为在美国,他们也把我们买的辣椒叫做辣椒,比如辣椒,他们称这些为甜椒?

Yeah, it probably does make sense because I think these and the chili are in the same family, aren't they?

是的,这可能是有道理的,因为我认为这些和辣椒是同一个家族的,不是吗?

So it probably makes sense to go bell peppers, chili peppers, but we just say chilies and peppers.

所以可能称为甜椒、辣椒,但我们只说辣椒和辣椒。

Yeah, you don't need anything else.

是的,你不需要其他的。

Oh, mushrooms! I love mushrooms so much.

哦,蘑菇!我非常喜欢蘑菇。

Laura really likes mushrooms now. - I love mushrooms. I used to hate mushrooms, but now I love them.

劳拉现在真的很喜欢蘑菇。- 我爱蘑菇。我以前讨厌蘑菇,但现在我爱它们。

So the version we have is chestnut mushrooms.

所以我们有的版本是栗子蘑菇。

There are lots of different types.

有很多不同种类。

You can get button mushrooms — they're quite nice and little — but I like chestnut mushrooms because they have a very satisfying peel when you peel them off.

你可以得到小蘑菇——它们很小很可爱——但我喜欢栗子蘑菇,因为当你剥掉它们时有一种非常令人满意的感觉。

That's true, you like peeling the mushrooms.

这是真的,你喜欢剥蘑菇。

Fungus! - Yeah, it's actually just a fungus.

真菌!- 是的,它实际上只是一个真菌。

It's just fungus.

只是个真菌。

Why? Why did the mushroom go to the party?

为什么蘑菇去参加派对?

Because he was a fun guy.

因为他是个有趣的家伙(音同“fungus”)。

Because he was a fun guy! Great!

因为他是个有趣的家伙!太棒了!

Take that one to work tomorrow.

明天把这个带到工作中。

We've got some flat-leaf parsley.

我们有一些平叶欧芹。

Usually, we buy the, um… What would you call them? The powdered parsley?

通常,我们买的是,嗯……你怎么称呼它们?粉末状的香菜?

No, just parsley in a little, um, dried parsley to just shake on your food.

不,只是小瓶的,嗯,干香菜,可以直接撒在食物上。

But this is the fresh stuff. - Because I'm making this very special pasta.

但这是新鲜的。- 因为我要做一道非常特别的意大利面。

I'm very excited for this pasta. - It's going to be mediocre.

我对这道意大利面非常期待。- 它会很一般。

So, parsley is a herb that you would garnish your food with.

所以,香菜是一种用来装饰食物的香草。

It's a garnish — you wouldn't sit there and eat it, but you sprinkle it on your food as a garnish.

它是一种装饰——你不会坐在那里吃它,但你可以把它撒在食物上作为装饰。

I watched a film the other day, and they didn't call them herbs; they called them "erbs." Cuz in the US, they don't say the H, do they? - No. Yeah.

我前几天看了一部电影,他们不叫它们“herb”;他们叫它们“erbs”。因为在美国,他们不发 H 音,是吗?- 是的。

They say "erbs". - Yeah, we say "herbs".

他们说“erbs”。- 是的,我们说“herbs”。

Oh, now, thick noodles.

哦,现在是粗面条。

I'm so sorry if this is your local cuisine to your country because we've bought straight-to-wok noodles, so it's kind of — they're already cooked a little bit, and all you need to do is just put them in the wok, and they're ready to go.

如果这是你国家的地方美食,我很抱歉,因为我们买了直接下锅的面条,所以它们已经稍微煮过了,你只需要把它们放进锅里,它们就可以用了。

It's lazy.

这很懒。

Do they make straight-to-wok pasta, like straight-to-plate pasta?

他们有没有做直接下锅的意大利面,比如直接上盘的意大利面?

They should, like already-made pasta. - Yeah.

他们应该做,像已经做好的意大利面。- 是的。

I don't think it would last as well as noodles. I think noodles you can preserve it.

我不认为它会像面条那样保存得好。我认为面条可以保存。

Suddenly, all of these illnesses come out.

突然间,所有这些病症都出现了。

Now, this is one of the examples of when a brand name has become synonymous with it.

现在,这是品牌名称与产品同义的一个例子。

So, the most popular — this is washing-up liquid.

所以,最受欢迎的——这是洗洁精。

Washing-up liquid is used for washing your dishes, but Fairy has become the go-to brand in the UK.

洗洁精是用来洗碗的,但 Fairy 已经成为英国的首选品牌。

We only use Fairy, so we call it Fairy liquid.

我们只用 Fairy,所以我们称它为 “Fairy liquid”。

We don't only use Fairy. - But because it's the most famous one, even if this wasn't Fairy branded, I would still call it Fairy liquid.

我们不只用 Fairy。- 但因为它是最有名的,即使这不是 Fairy 品牌的,我仍然会称它为 Fairy liquid。

People just call it Fairy liquid, and Fairy liquid means washing-up liquid.

人们就叫它 Fairy liquid,而 Fairy liquid 就意味着洗洁精。

Yeah, it's what you put on your dishes — not for absolutely everybody in the UK, but a lot of people do.

是的,这是放在碗上的——不是英国所有人都这样,但很多人都这样。

And if somebody said, "Have you got any Fairy liquid?" people know what they mean.

如果有人说,“你有 Fairy liquid 吗?”人们知道他们的意思。

Yeah, it doesn't have to be this brand.

是的,不一定是这个品牌。

Next, we have a punnet of blueberries.

接下来,我们有一盒蓝莓。

Fruit like blueberries and strawberries will come in — we call them a punnet.

像蓝莓和草莓这样的水果会装在——我们称之为“a punnet(一盒)”。

So, a punnet of blueberries, a punnet of strawberries.

所以,一盒蓝莓,一盒草莓。

I like putting blueberries on my salad because it adds a nice, juicy, fruity zing. Yes, lovely.

我喜欢在沙拉上放蓝莓,因为它增加了一种美味、多汁的水果味。是的,很好。

Uh, we've got some breakfast bars or cereal bars, which people think are healthy because they're like, "Oh, it's cereal," but it is essentially just like chocolate and oats and stuff.

呃,我们有一些早餐棒或谷物棒,人们认为它们很健康,因为他们会想,“哦,这是谷物”,但它基本上就像巧克力和燕麦之类的东西。

But I love these because they are 78 calories.

但我喜欢这些,因为它们只有 78 卡路里。

They've got a bit of chocolate on them, and they're made out of oats and cereal and chocolate.

它们上面有一点巧克力,是由燕麦、谷物和巧克力制成的。

Do people care about calories now?

人们现在关心卡路里吗?

Well, it's good to be aware still.

嗯,意识到这一点还是好的。

I thought people agreed that calories don't mean anything.

我以为人们同意卡路里没有意义。

It does mean something, but calories are energy, so you want to be — I personally like to be aware of the amount of calories in my body that I need.

它确实有意义,但卡路里是能量,所以你想要——我个人喜欢知道我身体需要的卡路里量。

I just like to be aware of them, but I'm not counting calories.

我只是喜欢知道它们,但我不计算卡路里。

That's the bad thing. I don't want to be like, "Oh, I can't have this because it's blah blah blah," but I just like to be aware.

那是坏事。我不想说,“哦,我不能吃这个,因为它是这样那样的”,但我只是喜欢知道。

Okay, whoa! Tuna!

好的,哇!金枪鱼!

Again, for my pasta. My favorite is the pasta that I'm making.

又是为了我的意大利面。我最喜欢的是我正在做的意大利面。

This pasta better be nice.

这道意大利面最好是好吃的。

This is like 90% of the video — is this pasta that I'm making tomorrow!

这几乎占了整个视频的 90% ——是我明天要做的这道意大利面!

Bit of tuna, normally comes in a tin.

一点金枪鱼,通常装在罐头里。

We've bought it in some kind of pot. - Because the recipe that I'm using tomorrow tells me that I need to cut up the tuna into, like, flake it up, make it flaky.

我们买了一种罐装的。- 因为我明天用的食谱告诉我需要把金枪鱼切成片,像是弄成碎片。

But this is already flaky. I'm so lazy.

但这已经是碎的了。我太懒了。

Talking about lazy — oh, man! Very lazy. Garlic!

说到懒——哦,天哪!非常懒。大蒜!

So, the garlic has been chopped already, and it's kept in, like, oil maybe, or white wine vinegar.

所以,大蒜已经被切碎了,可能保存在油或白葡萄酒醋中。

It's very strong, very strong, very strong, which means that you get a lot more flavor than if you just use a garlic clove.

它非常浓厚,气味非常浓,这意味着你会得到比只用一瓣大蒜更多的味道。

Who has the time?

谁有时间?

When you cook as much as we do — because we cook from scratch every day. - Every day!

当你像我们一样经常做饭时——因为我们每天都从头开始做饭。- 每天!

If I'm cooking from scratch a meal every day, I cannot be bothered to sit and chop garlic when I could literally buy it in a tub like that.

如果我每天都从头开始做一顿饭,我就不想坐下来切大蒜,因为我可以直接买一罐这样的。

I enjoy the process of cutting garlic, though, when I make pasta.

不过,当我做意大利面时,我喜欢切大蒜的过程。

Yeah, once every two weeks, but we use a lot of garlic.

是的,每两周一次,但我们用很多大蒜。

I make pasta quite a lot.

我经常做意大利面。

No, no, no, I'm saying, like, if you only had to chop it, like, once every two weeks, it's fine, but we use garlic so much.

不,不,不,我是说,如果你只需要每两周切一次就可以了,那还好,但我们用大蒜太多了。

Next, we've got some butter — some unsalted butter.

接下来,我们有一些黄油——一些无盐黄油。

Um, and fun fact: If you're just taking a little bit of butter for something, we call it a "knob of butter." So we say, "Yeah, put a knob of butter in that pasta." So, just — it's an unspecified amount, like just a little, a little bit of it.

嗯,有趣的是:如果你只需要一点黄油,我们称之为“黄油块”。所以我们会说,“是的,把一块黄油放进意大利面里。”所以,只是——这是一个不确定的量,就像“一点点”。

A knob, a knob of butter.

一块,一块黄油。

Hoisin sauce, love hoisin sauce.

海鲜酱,我喜欢海鲜酱。

Hoisin sauce. It's become quite popular in this house recently, hasn't it really?

海鲜酱。最近在这个家里变得很受欢迎,不是吗?

As has rice wine vinegar.

米酒醋也是如此。

My couscous, for my salad, I put it in a cup, put some hot water on the top, make some couscous, mix it up, put it on my salad. It's lovely.

我的蒸粗麦粉,用于我的沙拉,我把它放在杯子里,倒上一些热水,做一些蒸粗麦粉,搅拌一下,放在我的沙拉上。很美味。

Yeah, love a bit of couscous on a salad.

是的,喜欢在沙拉上加一点蒸粗麦粉。

I'm noticing that we're very quick with our food.

我注意到我们做饭很快。

We cook a lot, but when we cook, we are still quick, I think.

我们做很多饭,但即使我们做饭,我觉得我们还是很快。

Yeah, but yeah, I think because we cook all the time, we need to go for things that are going to make it a little bit easier.

是的,但我想因为我们一直在做饭,我们需要选择一些能让事情变得更简单的东西。

Cuz I don't… - Yeah, I'm not going to make my own couscous.

因为我不… - 是的,我不会自己做蒸粗麦粉。

Yeah, I was going to say grow my own couscous, but you don't grow couscous.

是的,我本来想说自己种蒸粗麦粉,但你不能种蒸粗麦粉。

Where does couscous come from? Is it a grain? Wheat?

蒸粗麦粉来自哪里?是谷物吗?小麦?

Yeah, wheat. - It's a grain.

是的,小麦。- 是一种谷物。

Okay, next we have honey.

好的,接下来我们有蜂蜜。

We call this squeezy honey because you just squeeze it out. - Again, making it easier.

我们称之为挤压蜂蜜,因为你只需挤出来。- 再次让事情变得更简单。

Very lazy though.

不过这很懒。

But it's not lazy. It's just, if I'm choosing honey in a jar versus honey in this, one of them I have to get a spoon and when you… - I think this is cheaper.

但这不是懒惰。只是,如果我在选择罐装蜂蜜和这种蜂蜜之间,其中一个我需要用勺子,而当你… - 我觉得这个更便宜。

Yeah, and when… Probably it's not as good. It's probably not as good.

是的,当… 可能不如罐装的好。可能不如罐装的好。

But when you spoon the honey out and you're trying to pour it in, the honey never… all of it comes off the spoon. - It gets stuck on the spoon.

但当你用勺子舀蜂蜜并试图倒入时,蜂蜜从来没有… 全部从勺子上掉下来。- 它粘在勺子上。

Whereas this, I can just go, and then all the honey I need is in the thing.

而这个,我可以直接挤,然后我需要的所有蜂蜜都在里面。

What would… what would you call… no, not quite, what would you call a noun for this?

你会… 你会怎么称呼… 不,不完全是,你会怎么称呼这个的名词?

A dollop of honey?

一团蜂蜜?

Ooh, that's a good one, a dollop of honey.

哦,那是个好主意,一团蜂蜜。

"A spoonful of honey" is normally how they do it.

人们通常会说“一勺蜂蜜”。

A spoonful of honey makes the lemonade go down… oh yeah, sugar… a spoonful of sugar.

一勺蜂蜜能使柠檬水容易下咽……哦,是的,糖…… 一勺糖。

Oh yeah, not spoonful of honey, spoonful… spoonful of honey.

哦,是的,不是一勺蜂蜜,一勺……一勺蜂蜜。

Um, okay, now this… again, a bit lazy. - It's lazy, it's so lazy.

嗯,好吧,现在这个……又有点懒。- 这很懒,这太懒了。

So we like to have chicken in our salad, so we just buy sliced chicken in a box, but we should… well, you know what we should do?

所以我们喜欢在沙拉里放鸡肉,所以我们就买盒装切片鸡肉,但我们应该……你知道我们应该做什么吗?

We should roast a full chicken.

我们应该烤一整只鸡。

I said this, I said this last time.

我上次就这么说了。

No, we should roast a full chicken on a Sunday, have some of it with our roast dinner, and then cut the chicken up and use the rest of it during the week.

不,我们应该在星期天烤一整只鸡,和我们的烤肉晚餐一起吃一些,然后把鸡肉切开,剩下的在一周内食用。

Let's do that, let's start doing that, because this is bad for the environment — all this plastic. It's not good.

让我们这样做,让我们开始这样做,因为这对环境不好——所有这些塑料。这不好。

Exposed!

曝光!

Smashing English, exposed!

Smashing English,曝光!

Um, okay, now another fun fact about our household: we are both a little bit, me more than you. - Lactose intolerant.

嗯,好吧,现在关于我们家庭的另一个有趣事实:我们都有点,我比你更严重。- 乳糖不耐受。

A bit not great with dairy, so I wouldn't say I'm like… - What happens when you drink milk?

对乳制品有点不太好,所以我不会说我像… - 你喝牛奶会怎么样?

I have a very bad tummy, so I wouldn't say that we're lactose intolerant.

我肚子很不舒服,所以我不会说我们乳糖不耐受。

I would say that dairy doesn't agree with me.

我会说乳制品不适合我。

It doesn't like me very much.

它不太喜欢我。

So I can have chocolate and little bits, but if I had a full glass of milk or if I had cereal with milk in it or like… - Like a bowl of yogurt.

所以我可以吃巧克力和一点点,但如果我喝一整杯牛奶或者吃牛奶麦片或者像…… - 比如一碗酸奶。

Exactly. So we have milk alternatives. We have alternative milks.

确实如此。所以我们有牛奶替代品。我们有用来替代牛奶的饮品。

We have almond and oat — oat for my coffee and almond for cereal and tea.

我们有杏仁和燕麦——燕麦用于我制作咖啡,杏仁用于麦片和茶。

We've got some paprika, because paprika… I put in, I want to say everything. - Everything.

我们有一些辣椒粉,因为辣椒粉… 我想说我会放在所有东西里。- 所有东西。

Let us know in the comments: does paprika have a taste?

在评论中告诉我们:辣椒粉有味道吗?

Because Laura thinks that paprika doesn't have a taste.

因为劳拉认为辣椒粉没有味道。

Laura thinks that it just adds color to the food.

劳拉认为它只是给食物增添颜色。

So I don't think it tastes of anything.

所以我觉得它没有什么味道。

So when I'm making a, let's say, a noodle dish or something, I'll chuck the paprika on just because then it looks a nice color.

所以当我在做一个,比如说,面条菜或者其他东西时,我会撒上辣椒粉,因为这样看起来颜色很好看。

It goes a bit red, and it's a cool color, but I can't taste it.

它会变得有点红,是个很酷的颜色,但我尝不出味道。

Next up, we have some washing-up sponges to go with the washing-up liquid, with the Fairy liquid.

接下来,我们有一些洗碗海绵,配合洗洁精,Fairy liquid。

So, washing-up sponges is probably what I'd call them.

所以,我可能会称它们为洗碗海绵。

Um, very lazy again — ginger puree.

嗯,非常懒惰的选择——姜泥。

So, Laura doesn't want to… you don't want to chop up some ginger? - Sometimes I do, there are some recipes where it needs great fresh ginger.

所以,劳拉不想……你不想切一些姜吗?- 有时候我会,有些食谱需要新鲜的姜。

But I'm sure if they sold that, we'd buy that.

但我相信如果他们卖这个,我们会买的。

That's if I'm making a sauce.

那是如果我在做酱料。

So, if I'm making a sauce, it's so much easier to put the puree in rather than… because otherwise, you've got bits of ginger in your sauce. - Yeah, true.

所以,如果我在做酱料,放姜泥要容易得多……因为否则,你的酱料里会有姜块。- 是的,没错。

Please give me tips in the comments — any cooking tips, by the way.

请在评论中给我一些建议——任何烹饪技巧,顺便说一下。

Yes, please do.

是的,请这样做。

Next up, we have some almond butter, because I really like almond butter on my breakfast, because I normally make… here's a recipe for you.

接下来,我们有一些杏仁酱,因为我真的很喜欢在早餐时吃杏仁酱,因为我通常会做……这是一个食谱给你。

So this is my breakfast: I get some banana, some oats, some eggs, some maple syrup, some cinnamon, and some vanilla… that's all.

所以这是我的早餐:我拿一些香蕉,一些燕麦,一些鸡蛋,一些枫糖浆,一些肉桂和一些香草……就这些。

Vanilla extract. - Vanilla extract.

香草精。- 香草精。

A tablespoon of baking soda, mix it all together, put it in the oven, and then it makes like a banana bread, but it's really healthy, because it's just bananas, oats, and eggs.

一汤匙小苏打,把它们混合在一起,放进烤箱,然后它就像香蕉面包一样,但它真的很健康,因为它只是香蕉、燕麦和鸡蛋。

And then I have a slice of that in the morning, and I put a bit of this on it for some extra energy, because almond butter has got lots of good energy in it.

然后我早上吃一片这个,我在上面放一点这个来增加能量,因为杏仁酱有很多好的能量。

And that's my breakfast.

这就是我的早餐。

Exciting. - There you go.

令人兴奋。- 就是这样。

And we have some golden syrup, which is new — we've never bought this before.

我们还有一些金色糖浆,这是新的——我们以前从未买过这个。

I used to have… do you… did you used to have that at home?

我以前有……你……你以前在家里有这个吗?

No, we used to have that and the treacle.

不,我们以前有这个和糖蜜。

There's like a green tin, which is a syrup one, and then there's this treacle, which is like… it's like black, it's like black sugar. It's sugar.

有一个绿色的罐子,是糖浆的,然后有这个糖蜜,它就像……它像黑色的,像黑糖。是糖。

Yeah, and it's in a red tin.

是的,它在一个红色的罐子里。

So what are you hoping to do with this?

那么你希望用这个做什么?

So, I have porridge in the morning.

所以,我早上会喝粥。

I have porridge oats in the morning, and I used to have it with milk.

我早上吃燕麦粥,我以前是用牛奶吃的。

Tell me if… again, please let us know.

告诉我如果……再次,请让我们知道。

I used to have it with milk, normal milk, but now I'm trying to have just water.

我以前是用牛奶,普通牛奶,但现在我尝试只用水。

So, I have a bowl of porridge oats, I put water in the bowl, I mix it up a little bit, put a little bit of salt in it, and then I put it in the microwave for like 2 minutes, and then it's just done, really.

所以,我有一碗燕麦粥,我在碗里加水,稍微搅拌一下,加一点盐,然后放进微波炉大约 2 分钟,然后就做好了,真的。

But I want to put something on the top, so I'm thinking of maybe getting into putting banana on the top with some syrup.

但我想在上面放点东西,所以我在考虑可能在上面放香蕉和一些糖浆。

You know what's interesting about this?

你知道这有什么有趣的吗?

It's got the Royal Crest on it, so I'll put a better picture so you can see it.

它上面有皇家徽章,所以我会放一张更好的图片让你们看到。

So, some foods in the UK have the Royal Crest on them, and it means that that company has been approved and… what's the word? What did it say here — appointed by the royal family, by whoever the monarch is.

所以,英国的一些食品上有皇家徽章,这意味着那家公司已经被批准和……怎么说?这里说什么——王室指定,由无论哪一位君主指定。

So, there's a system where the royal family says, "That company is… really, that company is so good, what they make is so good, we're going to promote it as the royal family." So if it's got the crest on it, it means it's been approved and appointed by the king.

所以,有一个系统,王室说,“那家公司……真的,那家公司非常好,他们做的东西非常好,我们要以王室的名义推广它。”所以如果上面有徽章,意味着它已经被国王批准和指定。

Does that mean that the king has to eat all of these things?

这是否意味着国王必须吃所有这些东西?

Like, for example… ah. - What's it say?

比如说……啊。- 上面写了什么?

This says, "By appointment to Her Majesty the Queen". - May she rest in peace.

这上面写着,“由女王陛下指定”。- 愿她安息。

So the queen liked this? That doesn't really mean that Charles likes it.

所以女王喜欢这个?这并不意味着查尔斯喜欢它。

I don't think it means she liked it.

我不认为这意味着她喜欢它。

I think it's a way of the royal family rewarding kind of like British companies that make quality products.

我认为这是王室奖励那种制作优质产品的英国公司的方式。

Does Fairy liquid have this?

Fairy liquid 有这个吗?

Does it have the seal? - No. That's it.

它有印章吗?- 没有。就是这样。

Is that everything? - That is everything.

这就是全部吗?- 这就是全部。

Look at that — well done for being here!

看看这些——感谢你们的观看!

I hope you picked up some little bits of vocabulary along the way, and that was useful for you.

我希望你在过程中学到了一些小词汇,这对你有用。

If you enjoyed this video, what should they do?

如果你喜欢这个视频,他们应该做什么?

Subscribe! Subscribe. We make new videos all the time — all the time.

订阅!订阅。我们一直在制作新视频——一直。

You don't want to miss the videos that we make.

你不会想错过我们制作的视频的。

If you want an English lesson with either of us, look at the links in the description down below.

如果你想和我们中的任何一个上英语课,请查看下面描述中的链接。

And if you want to follow us on Instagram, that's the name of the Instagram.

如果你想在 Instagram 上关注我们,这就是我们 Instagram 的名字。

Thank you so much for watching, and we will see you next time. Bye-bye.

非常感谢你的观看,我们下次见。再见。

0 阅读:4
怀薇评国际趣事

怀薇评国际趣事

感谢大家的关注