英国首相基尔·斯塔默发表了2025年新年致辞。在致辞中,他表示政府致力于提高最低工资、推动清洁能源项目以及改善国民健康服务,力求让每个人都能看到未来的光明。在2025年,英国政府也将迎来新的挑战,将会为每一位英国民众奋斗,重塑这个伟大的国家。
2024 was a year of change.
2024是充满改变的一年。
Not sadly in the football, another agonisingly close shave for England, but changing politics with the election of this Labour government in July and more importantly with the work of change that we've begun.
可惜的是,在足球场上,英格兰男足陷入困境,在2024年欧洲杯决赛中1-2负于西班牙,随着 7 月份工党政府的当选,政治上也发生了变化,更重要的是,我们已经开始了变革工作。
The minimum wage raised by a record amount, wages up more broadly.
最低工资标准创纪录上调,工资上涨范围更加广泛。
Returns of foreign national criminals up 20%.
外国罪犯回流率上升20%。
Billions of pounds worth of new projects in clean British energy, making our country more secure.
我们投入了价值数十亿英镑开展英国清洁能源新项目,使我们的国家更加安全。
And £25 billion invested in our NHS, starting to cut waiting lists in your local hospital.
我们向 NHS(英国国民健康保险制度)投资了 250 亿英镑,开始减少当地医院的候诊名单。
Now, I know there's still so much more to do, and that for many people it's hard to think about the future when you spend all of your time fighting to get through the week.
现在,我知道还有很多事情要做,而且对于很多人来说,大部分时间都用于日常的辛劳工作,无暇考虑未来。
So I want to be clear, until you could look forward and believe in the promise and the prosperity of Britain again, then this government will fight for you.
因此我想明确地指出,本届政府将会为你们而奋斗,直到你们能够再次展望未来并相信英国的希望和繁荣。
A fight for change that will define this year, next year and indeed every waking hour of this government.
为变革而战将决定今年、明年乃至政府每个时刻的命运。
We have a clear plan for change.
我们有一个明确的变革计划。
1.5 million new homes.
150 万套新房。
Restoring the dream of home ownership.
让民众重拾拥有房产的梦想。
Children starting school ready to learn.
更重视孩子的学校教育。
A more secure energy system.
更安全的能源系统。
Waiting lists cut dramatically.
医院等候就诊的名单大幅减少。
Immigration reduced.
移民减少。
Neighbourhood police tackling anti-social behaviour in every community.
社区警察负责处理每个社区的反社会行为。
And more cash in your pocket wherever you live.
无论您住在哪里,您都会拥有更多可支配的资金。
That is what we will be focusing on.
这些变革是我们将要关注的重点。
A year of rebuilding, but also rediscovering the great nation that we are.
这将是重建的一年,也是重新发现我们这个伟大国家的一年。
A nation that gets things done, no matter how hard or tough the circumstances.
无论环境多么艰难,国家和政府总能完成对国民的许诺。
We'll have time to reflect on that this year.
我们今年将会反思这一点。
A chance with the 80th anniversary of VE and VJ Day to cherish the greatest victories of this country and the greatest generation that achieved it.
值此欧洲胜利纪念日和对日战争胜利纪念日 80 周年之际,我们有机会缅怀这个国家最伟大的胜利以及取得这些胜利的最伟大的一代人。
The 8th of May and the 15th of August will both be wonderful moments to come together and do that generation proud.
5 月 8 日和 8 月 15 日将是相聚在一起并让那一代人感到自豪的美好时刻。
But that victory, and indeed the peace and the prosperity that followed, all rested on the same foundation we must rebuild today, the security of working people.
但那场胜利以及随之而来的和平与繁荣都建立在我们今天必须重建的同一基础之上,即劳动人民的安全。
That is the purpose of this government, the goal of our plan for change, and we will push it forward in 2025.
这是本届政府的宗旨,也是我们变革计划的目标,我们将在 2025 年推动它向前发展。
So wherever and however you're celebrating tonight, on behalf of the Government, Happy New Year.
因此,无论您今晚在何处、以何种方式庆祝新年,我都代表政府向您致以新年的祝福。
Here's to a year of changing Britain for the better.
祝愿英国新的一年更加美好。