Bob老师-在电影院学英语

怀薇评国际趣事 2025-01-04 12:38:58

Let's learn English at the movies.

让我们在电影里学习英语吧。

So I've always been a big fan of the X-Men movies, and in particular, Wolverine is my favorite character.

我一直是 X 战警电影的忠实粉丝,尤其是金刚狼,是我最喜欢的角色。

So when I heard there was a new movie coming out with him in it and some other guy named Deadpool, I thought I should make an English lesson for you.

所以当我听说有一部新电影要上映,有他和另一个叫死侍的人出演时,我想我应该为你上一堂英语课。

I can't show you the actual movie, but along the way, I can help you learn some English words and phrases that you can use as you talk about the movies.

我无法向您展示真正的电影,但在此过程中,我可以帮助您学习一些在谈论电影时可以使用的英语单词和短语。

So let's talk about the difference between to see a movie and to watch a movie.

那么我们来谈谈看电影和观看电影的区别。

If I say that I'm going to go see a movie, it means I'm probably going to come to a theater like this to see that movie.

如果我说我要去看电影,那就意味着我可能会来这样的剧院看那部电影。

If I say I'm going to watch a movie, it usually means I'm going to stay home and maybe watch the movie on Netflix.

如果我说我要去看电影,通常意味着我要呆在家里,也许会在 Netflix 上看这部电影。

So I'm here today to see a movie.

所以我今天来这里是为了看电影。

I'm at a theater to see a movie.

我在剧院看电影。

So there are a few ways to buy a ticket to see a movie.

因此,购买电影票有几种方法。

By the way, you do need a ticket.

顺便说一句,你确实需要一张票。

You can use a ticket machine.

您可以使用售票机。

A ticket machine is a machine that you can use to buy a ticket to see the movie.

售票机是一种可以用来购买电影票的机器。

You put your card in and you choose the movie you want, and then you get a ticket to see that movie.

您插入卡并选择想看的电影,然后您就会得到一张观看该电影的票。

You could also go to the box office.

您也可以去售票处。

There's a box office right here.

这里有售票处。

Not many people use the box office anymore to buy tickets.

现在很少有人去售票处买票了。

I don't even think there's a person there.

我甚至不认为那里有一个人。

But that is where you could go to buy a movie ticket from a person.

但你可以在那里向某人购买电影票。

Or you can actually go to the concession stand.

或者你实际上可以去小卖部。

I'll talk more about that later.

我稍后会进一步谈论这个问题。

You can also buy a ticket there.

您也可以在那里买票。

But the most popular way to buy a ticket right now is to buy your ticket online.

但目前最流行的购票方式是网上购票。

I bought my ticket online.

我在网上买了票。

It's on my phone and I will use that ticket, I guess it's an e-ticket to get in to the theater.

它在我的手机上, 我会使用那张票,我猜它是进入剧院的电子票。

So behind me you can see what's called the concession stand.

在我身后,你们可以看到所谓的小卖部。

Sometimes we call it a snack bar, but I usually call it a concession stand or just the concessions.

有时我们称之为小吃店,但我通常称之为小卖部或简称为小卖部。

It's the place where you can go to buy a snack.

这是你可以去买小吃的地方。

Now, the most common snack to buy when going to see a movie here in Canada is usually popcorn and maybe some kind of soda or what I call pop.

现在,在加拿大看电影时最常购买的零食通常是爆米花,也许还有一些苏打水或我所说的汽水。

But that's not what I'm going to buy.

但这不是我要买的东西。

I actually don't really like popcorn and I really don't drink soda or pop.

我实际上不太喜欢爆米花,也不喝苏打水或汽水。

But this is where you would go to get a snack.

但这正是您去吃零食的地方。

I am going to go get one.

我要去拿一个。

You'll see what it is in a minute.

您马上就会明白它是什么。

Hi! Hi! Yeah, just the Peanut M&M's and the water.

嗨!嗨!是的,只有花生 M&M 和水。

Anything else I can get for you?

您还能得到什么帮助吗?

No, that's everything.

不,这就是全部了。

Are you a loyalties member? Pardon?

你是忠诚会员吗?请问?

Are you a loyalties member? No, I'm not.

您是忠诚会员吗?不,我不是。

Just debit, please.

请直接扣款。

Thank you. Have a great day.

谢谢。祝您有愉快的一天。

This is what I wanted and this is what I got.

这就是我想要的,这也是我得到的。

So there are a few different types of movie genres.

电影类型有几种不同的类型。

This movie that I'm going to see could be considered an action movie, maybe a little bit of science fiction.

我要看的这部电影可以说是一部动作片,也许还带一点科幻色彩。

An action movie is a movie where there's lots of guns and car chases.

动作片是存在大量枪击和汽车追逐场面的电影。

A science fiction movie takes place in the future, and there will be spaceships and people might visit other planets.

一部科幻电影发生在未来,届时将有宇宙飞船,人们可能会访问其他星球。

There's also fantasy movies where you'll see swords and dragons and things like that.

还有一些奇幻电影,你会看到剑、龙和类似的东西。

You might watch a horror movie, not my favorite.

你可能会看一部恐怖电影,这不是我最喜欢的。

A movie that is designed to scare you.

一部旨在让你害怕的电影。

Or you might see a movie that is a comedy.

或者你可能会看一部喜剧电影。

Or if it has romance involved, it might be a romantic comedy.

或者如果它涉及浪漫,它可能是一部浪漫喜剧。

And then lastly, there is a type of movie called a drama, a more serious movie, sometimes based on a historical event.

最后,有一种电影叫做戏剧,一种更严肃的电影,有时基于历史事件。

There are many other movie genres, but those are just the main ones that I can think of right now.

还有许多其他电影类型,但这些只是我现在能想到的主要类型。

So I actually printed my ticket today instead of having it on my phone, like I said, I'm using my phone to record, but as I approach, they'll need my ticket here.

所以我今天实际上打印了我的票, 而不是放在我的手机上,就像我说的, 我用我的手机来记录,但是当我走近时, 他们需要我的票。

So I'll need to show my ticket.

所以我需要出示我的票。

I will need to scan my ticket.

我需要扫描我的票。

Hopefully it scans. Screen six just down this hall to your right.

希望扫描成功。6 号屏幕就在这个大厅的右侧。

Which theater? Yeah, in six. Six. Thank you very much.

哪个剧院?是的,六家。六家。非常感谢。

So I am going to go to screen six or theater six.

所以我要去六号银幕或者六号影院。

So that's where I'm headed right now.

这就是我现在要去的地方。

My ticket scanned successfully. By the way, a long time ago, you used to actually give them a paper ticket and they would rip your ticket or tear your ticket.

我的票扫描成功了。 顺便说一句, 很久以前,你实际上会给他们一张纸质票,他们会撕掉你的票或撕毁你的票。

I still remember that time long ago, but now everything's digital.

我依然记得很久以前的那个时候,但是现在一切都数字化了。

It's either a barcode or a QR code.

它可以是条形码,也可以是二维码。

On my ticket, there was a QR code, and that's what they scanned in order to allow me into the theater.

我的票上有一个二维码,他们扫描了这个二维码就可以允许我进入剧院。

So there are a couple of ways that they advertise movies.

他们有几种宣传电影的方法。

One is that they create movie posters.

一是制作电影海报。

A movie poster.

一张电影海报。

Oh, that looks scary.

噢,看起来很吓人。

A movie poster is simply a poster, a big colorful piece of paper that goes on the wall, and that poster advertises upcoming movies.

电影海报只是一张海报,是贴在墙上的一张彩色的大纸,用于宣传即将上映的电影。

So before a movie starts, they'll show what are called previews or trailers.

因此,在电影开始播放之前,他们会播放所谓的预告片或预告片。

They haven't quite started in this theater yet, but pretty soon they will show previews or trailers.

他们还没有在这个剧院开始演出,但很快他们就会放映预告片或宣传片。

They're the same thing, by the way, this is when they show you little clips of a movie that's coming out in the future in hopes that you will decide to go see it.

顺便说一下, 它们是同一件事,就是他们向你展示即将上映的电影的短片,希望你决定去看它。

Right now, they're just running some advertisements, but pretty soon they'll start showing the previews and the trailers.

目前,他们只是在播放一些广告,但很快他们就会开始播放预告片和预告片。

So if you're wondering what to call people at a theater, the people who work there, the person who took my ticket, I would call a ticket taker, the people who come in and out of the theater to make sure everyone's sitting in the right spot.

所以, 如果你想知道该如何称呼剧院里的人,在剧院工作的人,拿我票的人, 我会打电话给检票员,以及进出剧院的人,以确保每个人都坐在正确的位置。

I would call those ushers or attendants.

我会把这些称为引座员或服务员。

So someone who takes your ticket is a ticket taker.

因此,接受您票的人就是检票员。

Someone who can help you in the theater find yourself seat or make sure you're in the right seat, is called an attendant or an usher.

在剧院里帮助您找到座位或确保您坐在正确座位的人被称为服务员或引座员。

So I'm walking into theater six or screen six, and as you can see, no one is here.

当我走进六号影院或六号屏幕时,正如你所看到的, 这里没有人。

I'm at a morning showing.

我正在看早间演出。

I chose a showing.

我选择了一场展示。

A showing, by the way, is the time the movie is actually playing.

顺便说一下,放映时间是指电影实际播放的时间。

It's 10:45 in the morning and no one's here.

现在是上午 10:45,这里还没有人。

What's nice, though, is this theater has reserved seating.

不过, 值得庆幸的是,这家剧院有预留座位。

That means I actually paid for an actual seat in the back row, seat number eight.

这意味着我实际上支付的是后排八号座位的费用。

That's different than how it used to be. A long time ago if you went to a movie theater, you just tried to get there early to get a good seat, but now you can actually choose the seat that you want.

这与过去不同。很久以前,如果你去电影院,你只能尽早到达才能得到一个好座位,但现在你实际上可以选择你想要的座位。

Oh, and by the way, here's the screen.

哦,顺便说一下,这是屏幕。

And when you look at the seats, you might notice that these are recliners.

当您查看座椅时,您可能会注意到这些都是躺椅。

You can actually recline in these seats.

您实际上可以在这些座位上躺下。

You can lean back as you watch the movie so you can relax, enjoy the show in comfort in a reclining seat.

您可以边躺边看电影,放松身心,在舒适的躺椅上欣赏电影。

Oh, and one more thing up there where you see those two windows, that is the projection booth.

哦,还有上面你看到那两扇窗户的地方,那是放映室。

That's where you would find the projector.

你就在那里可以找到投影仪。

The projection booth is the little room where the projectionist, that's the person who runs the projector, will actually sit.

放映室是一个小房间,放映员(即操作放映机的人)会坐在里面。

And that's where they will show the movie from.

他们将在那里放映这部电影。

And the projector is the machine that shows the movie.

放映机就是放映电影的机器。

So up there, the projection booth.

上面是放映室。

Let me point to it.

让我指出这一点。

And inside will be a projector and a projectionist.

里面会有一台投影仪和一位放映员。

So I decided to see the movie in 2D, not in 3D.

所以我决定以 2D 而不是 3D 形式观看电影。

I'm not actually a big fan of 3D.

我实际上并不是 3D 的忠实粉丝。

I don't like wearing 3D glasses.

我不喜欢戴 3D 眼镜。

Those are the special glasses you have to wear. By the way, 2D is just kind of a flat image, but 3D is when it looks like things are coming off the screen towards you.

那是你必须佩戴的特殊眼镜。顺便说一句,2D 只是一种平面图像,而 3D 则是物体从屏幕上向你投射过来。

Usually I see movies in 2D because when I see movies in 3D they kind of give me a headache.

我通常看 2D 的电影,因为看 3D 的电影会让我有点头疼。

So anyways, I'm seeing a movie in 2D.

无论如何,我正在看 2D 电影。

So the place I'm at actually has three different names in Canadian English at least.

所以我所在的地方在加拿大英语中实际上至少有三个不同的名称。

We sometimes call it a cinema.

我们有时称之为电影院。

In fact, behind me you can see that it says Landmark Cinemas or we call it a movie theater or we just call it a theater.

事实上,在我身后你可以看到写着“Landmark Cinemas”,或者我们称之为电影院,或者我们就称之为剧院。

I think the most common one would probably be movie theater.

我认为最常见的可能是电影院。

Where did you go last night?

你昨晚去哪儿了?

Oh, I went to the movie theater to see a movie, but you can also call it a cinema or just a theater.

哦,我去电影院看电影,但你也可以称它为电影院或只是剧院。

So I'm at the cinema. I'm at the movie theater.

所以我在电影院。我在电影院。

I'm at the theater.

我在剧院。

So I just finished watching the credits for this movie.

所以我刚刚看完了这部电影的演职员表。

Credits are, it's kind of a list of all of the actors that were in the movie.

演职员表是电影中所有演员的列表。

It kind of lists all the people who worked on the movie and then it even lists the music that was used in the movie.

它列出了参与这部电影的所有人,甚至还列出了电影中使用的音乐。

So it was fun to watch the credits.

因此观看片尾字幕很有趣。

And there was a post-credit scene or an after credits scene or an end credits scene where they show like a little clip from an upcoming movie or just a little extra, little snippet of the actors doing something just for fun.

并且有一个片尾场景或片尾场景,其中他们展示的是即将上映的电影中的一小段剪辑,或者只是一点额外的、演员们为了好玩而做的小片段。

So that's always cool.

所以这总是很酷的。

Well, thank you so much for watching this English lesson at the movies.

好吧,非常感谢您观看这堂电影英语课。

Hopefully you were able to learn some new English words and phrases that you can use in your next conversation about the movies.

希望您能够学到一些新的英语单词和短语,以便在下次谈论电影时使用。

If this is your first time here, don't forget to click that red subscribe button.

如果这是您第一次来这里,请不要忘记单击红色的订阅按钮。

It's either over there or over there.

要么在那边,要么在那边。

Leave a comment below, give me a thumbs up.

在下面留下评论,给我点赞。

And if you have some time, there's always another English lesson to watch.

如果您有时间,还可以观看其他英语课。

0 阅读:2
怀薇评国际趣事

怀薇评国际趣事

感谢大家的关注