Bob老师-无论喜悦还是悲伤各种场合如何回应

怀薇评国际趣事 2025-01-06 12:42:56

So sometimes people share exciting news about their life, or maybe they share more serious news about their life and you don't know what to say.

所以有时人们会分享他们生活中令人兴奋的消息,或者他们可能会分享他们生活中更严肃的消息而你不知道该说些什么。

You maybe know to say congratulations if it's exciting news, but you're not sure what to say next.

如果这是令人兴奋的消息, 您可能知道要说祝贺,但您不确定接下来该说什么。

So in this English lesson, I will talk about all of the different life events, happy and sad things that happen in life, and I will tell you how to respond when someone tells you about them.

所以在这节英语课中,我将讨论生活中发生的所有不同的生活事件、快乐和悲伤的事情,并且我将告诉你当有人告诉你这些事情时该如何回应。

Let's start by talking about some happy news.

我们先来谈一些高兴的消息。

Let's say someone says to you that they're going to have a baby.

假设某人告诉你他们要生孩子了。

You would say, congratulations.

你会说,恭喜你。

That's the first thing we often say when someone shares exciting, happy news with us.

当有人与我们分享令人兴奋、快乐的消息时,我们通常会说的第一句话就是这个。

But then in this situation, you might ask this question.

但在这种情况下,你可能会问这个问题。

You might say, when is the baby due?

你可能会说,宝宝什么时候出生?

Someone has just told you they're going to have a baby, and you would like to know when the baby is going to be born.

有人刚刚告诉你他们要生孩子了,你想知道孩子什么时候出生。

And then the third thing you might say is, I'm so happy for you.

然后你可能会说的第三件事是,我为你感到高兴。

When someone shares happy news, exciting news, it makes you happy.

当有人分享快乐的消息、令人兴奋的消息时,你会感到高兴。

It makes other people happy.

这让其他人感到高兴。

And sometimes we just simply say, I'm so happy for you.

有时我们只是简单地说,我为你感到高兴。

So if someone shares the news with you that they're going to have a baby, you would say, congratulations.

因此,如果有人告诉你他们要生孩子的消息,你会说,恭喜。

When is the baby due?

宝宝什么时候出生?

And I'm so happy for you.

我真为你高兴。

Let's fast forward a bit and talk about what to say when someone tells you they had a baby.

让我们快进一点,讨论一下当有人告诉你他们生了孩子时该说些什么。

Maybe someone phones you and says, yesterday, our baby was born.

也许有人打电话给你说,昨天, 我们的孩子出生了。

We had a baby yesterday.

我们昨天生了一个孩子。

The very first thing you would say is congratulations.

您首先会说的就是祝贺。

You'll start to realize in this lesson that we say congratulations a lot.

在本课中,您将开始意识到我们经常说祝贺。

When people share happy news with us. The second thing you might do is ask the question, have you decided on a name yet?

当人们与我们分享喜讯时。您可能会做的第二件事是问这个问题,您已经想好名字了吗?

Or have you picked out a name yet?

或者你已经想好名字了?

You'll want to know what name the baby has been given.

您一定想知道宝宝起了什么名字。

And if you're meeting the baby for the first time, you might say, what a cute baby.

如果您是第一次见到这个婴儿,您可能会说, 这个婴儿真可爱。

Even if the baby's not cute, it's usually polite to say, what a cute baby.

即使婴儿不可爱,说一声“真是个可爱的婴儿”通常也是礼貌的。

So if someone tells you that they've just had a baby, you'll say congratulations.

因此,如果有人告诉你他们刚刚生了孩子,你会说恭喜。

You might ask, have you decided on a name yet?

你可能会问,你已经想好名字了吗?

Or have you picked out a name yet?

或者你已经想好名字了?

And you'll usually want to say, what a cute baby.

你通常会想说,真是个可爱的宝宝。

Now, not all news is happy news.

现在,并非所有新闻都是好消息。

Sometimes people will share news that is really, really sad.

有时人们会分享一些非常非常悲伤的消息。

Maybe someone at work tells you that someone in their family has died.

也许工作中有人告诉你,他们家里有人去世了。

Someone in their family has passed away.

他们家里有人去世了。

In that situation, there are two main things that we say in English.

在这种情况下,我们用英语主要说两件事。

We say, my condolences.

我们表示哀悼。

Or we say, I'm sorry for your loss.

或者我们说,我对你的损失深表遗憾。

If someone at work told me that someone that they knew or someone they were related to had died, I would say, my condolences, or, I'm sorry for your loss.

如果有人在工作中告诉我,他们认识的人或亲戚去世了,我会说,我深表哀悼, 或者,我对你的损失感到很抱歉。

And if you know the person really well, you might also say something like this.

如果您非常了解这个人,您可能也会说类似的话。

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

如果我能提供任何帮助,请告诉我。

Or you might inquire how they're doing by asking, how are you holding up?

或者你可以询问他们近况如何,你还好吗?

If someone I knew at work really well had experienced a loss like that in the family, I would probably say one or both of those two things.

如果我工作中很熟悉的某个人家里经历过这样的损失,我可能会说这两件事中的一件,或者两件。

I would just ask, how are you holding up?

我只想问一下,你还好吗?

Basically asking, how they're doing.

基本上询问他们过得怎么样。

Or I might say, if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

或者我会说,如果我能提供任何帮助,请告诉我。

Some of you might know this, but this might be news for some of you.

你们中的一些人可能知道这一点,但对于一些人来说这可能是个新闻。

It was my birthday a few weeks ago.

几个星期前是我的生日。

I had my birthday in the month of July.

我的生日在七月份。

I'm not going to give the exact date, but I'm one year older.

我不会说出具体的日期,但我又长了一岁。

When someone has a birthday, there are a few things we say.

当某人过生日时,我们会说一些话。

Probably the most common thing is to just say, happy birthday.

可能最常见的话就是说“生日快乐”。

We say happy birthday because we want that person to be happy on that day.

我们说生日快乐是因为我们希望那个人在那天快乐。

The second thing we might say is, I wish you many more.

我们想说的第二件事是,我祝愿你们有更多更好的作品。

When someone has a birthday, we want them to have, like, a lot more birthdays.

当有人过生日时,我们希望他们能过更多的生日。

We want them to live a very long time.

我们希望它们能够长寿。

So we might say, I wish you many more.

所以我们可以说,我祝福你们有更多更好的作品。

And then if you aren't doing anything with that person on their birthday, maybe you've called them in the morning to say, happy birthday.

如果你在那个人生日那天没有和他一起做任何事情,也许你会在早上打电话祝他生日快乐。

You might just say, I hope you have a good day, or, I hope you have a great day.

您可能只是说, 我希望您度过美好的一天,或者, 我希望您度过美好的一天。

So when someone has a birthday, you say, happy birthday.

因此当某人过生日时,你会说“生日快乐”。

I wish you many more, and I hope you have a great day.

我祝愿你有更多的快乐,并希望你度过美好的一天。

Another exciting thing that can happen in life is that people get engaged.

生活中发生的另一件令人兴奋的事情是人们订婚了。

People decide that they're going to get married, and the most common thing to say is, of course, congratulations.

人们决定要结婚,最常见的话当然是祝贺。

But then you'll probably ask this question.

但你可能会问这个问题。

You'll probably ask, have you picked a date. When people announce their engagement, when people get engaged, it means they're going to get married at some point in the future, and you'll probably want to know exactly what day that is going to happen on.

你可能会问,你选好日期了吗?当人们宣布订婚时,当人们订婚时,这意味着他们将在未来的某个时候结婚,你可能想知道确切的日期。

So when people get engaged, we definitely say, congratulations.

因此, 当人们订婚时,我们肯定会说恭喜。

And then we might ask the question, have you picked a date?

然后我们可能会问,你选好日期了吗?

So people get engaged, and then eventually they get married.

因此人们订婚,然后最终结婚。

And maybe you're at a wedding and the ceremony is over, and there's an opportunity for you to congratulate the new couple.

也许你正在参加一场婚礼,仪式已经结束,你有机会向新人表示祝贺。

By the way, in Canada, there's a ceremony and then a reception.

顺便说一句, 在加拿大,先举行仪式, 然后举行招待会。

The ceremony is the official part of the wedding, and then the reception is just a big party later on.

仪式是婚礼的正式部分,而招待会只是随后举行的一个盛大聚会。

But after the ceremony, there's usually an opportunity to congratulate the couple.

但仪式结束后,通常有机会向这对夫妇表示祝贺。

So you would definitely say congratulations, and then you would probably say something like this, I wish you a wonderful life together.

所以你肯定会说恭喜,然后你可能会说这样的话,祝你们在一起生活美好。

As a newly married couple, you just hope that every day and every week and every month and every year for a very long, long time is just wonderful.

作为一对新婚夫妇,你只希望在很长很长的一段时间里,每一天、每一周、每月、每年都是美好的。

So if you're at a wedding and you have the opportunity to congratulate the couple, say, congratulations, and then say, I wish you a wonderful life together.

因此,如果你参加一场婚礼并且有机会祝贺这对夫妇,那么可以说“恭喜”,然后说“祝你们共同生活幸福”。

Now, every year after a wedding, on the same date you have your anniversary, you celebrate that you've been married for one year, or five years, or eleven years, or 26 years or however many years it has been.

现在,每年婚礼结束后,你们都会在结婚纪念日的同一天庆祝结婚一周年、五年、十一年、二十六年或者不管结婚多少年了。

And when it is someone's anniversary, you say, happy anniversary.

当某人的周年纪念日时,你会说,周年纪念日快乐。

Similar to happy birthday, you say, happy anniversary.

类似于生日快乐,你说,周年快乐。

You can say congratulations if you want, but the most common thing to say is, happy anniversary.

如果你愿意,你可以说祝贺,但最常见的话是周年快乐。

And then similar to the wedding, you might say something like this, I wish you many more years together.

然后与婚礼类似, 你可能会说这样的话,我希望你们能在一起度过更多的岁月。

Instead of saying, I wish you a wonderful life together, you wish that they have many, many more years of enjoyment where they just love being married to each other.

你不应该说“我希望你们能拥有美好的生活”,而是希望他们能一起享受婚姻的快乐时光。

So if it's someone's anniversary, they're celebrating the day that they got married.

所以如果是某人的周年纪念日,他们就会庆祝他们的结婚纪念日。

You would say, happy anniversary, and then I wish you many more happy years together.

你会说,结婚周年快乐,然后我祝你们在一起的岁月更加幸福。

So people go to school and hopefully, eventually they graduate.

因此人们去上学并希望最终能够毕业。

After someone graduates, here's what you would say to them.

当某人毕业后,你会对他们说以下的话。

You would say, congratulations another time where you can say congratulations to someone, and then you might say something like, good job.

你会说,恭喜,其他时候你可以向某人表示祝贺,然后你可能会说,干得好。

They must have worked hard in order to graduate, and you want to celebrate that by saying, good job.

他们一定非常努力才能毕业,而你想通过说“干得好” 来庆祝这一点。

If you know them really well, like if one of my kids graduates, I then say, I'm proud of you.

如果你非常了解他们,比如我的一个孩子毕业了, 我就会说, 我为你感到骄傲。

You wouldn't say this to just anybody, but if it's like a grandkid or one of your own children, you might say, I'm proud of you.

你不会对任何人说这句话,但如果对方是你的孙子或者自己的孩子,你可能会说, 我为你感到骄傲。

And then these are two questions anyone could ask a graduate.

这是任何人都可以问毕业生的两个问题。

You could say, what's next?

您可能会说,下一步是什么?

Or what are your plans for next year?

或者您明年的计划是什么?

When someone graduates, it means that part of their life has ended and they'll be doing something different in a few months or the next year.

当一个人毕业时,这意味着他们生命中的一部分已经结束,他们将在几个月或明年做一些不同的事情。

Maybe they're going to get a job or go back to school to learn some more.

他们也许会去找工作或者回学校学习更多知识。

So when someone graduates, you say, congratulations.

因此当有人毕业时,你会说,恭喜。

You say, good job.

你说,干得好。

If you're a parent or a grandparent, you might say, I'm proud of you, and then for anyone, anyone can ask these questions, you could say, what's next?

如果你是父母或祖父母, 你可能会说,我为你感到骄傲, 然后对于任何人来说,任何人都可以问这些问题, 你可能会说, 接下来是什么?

Or what are your plans for next year?

或者您明年的计划是什么?

It's always really cool when someone gets a new job.

当一个人找到新工作时总是令人非常高兴的。

Maybe someone you know didn't have a job and they're starting a new job next week.

也许你认识的某个人没有工作,并且下周就要开始一份新工作。

If they tell you that they're starting a new job, you would definitely say, congratulations.

如果他们告诉你他们要开始一份新工作,你肯定会说,恭喜。

And then you would probably say, I'm excited for you, or, I'm so excited for you.

然后你可能会说, 我为你感到兴奋,或者, 我为你感到非常兴奋。

And then you would probably say, I wish you all the best.

然后你可能会说,我祝你一切顺利。

This is a general term we use in English to just tell someone we hope that whatever new thing they're starting goes really, really well.

这是我们在英语中使用的通用术语,只是告诉某人我们希望他们开始的任何新事物都能进展得非常顺利。

So if someone tells you that they, that they're going to be starting a new job, definitely say congratulations, and then say, I'm excited for you and I wish you all the best.

所以如果有人告诉你,他们将要开始一份新工作,一定要表示祝贺, 然后说, 我为你感到兴奋,祝你一切顺利。

Now, as I said, not all news is good news.

正如我所说,并非所有新闻都是好消息。

Maybe someone tells you that they are sick.

也许有人告诉你他们病了。

There are a couple of things you would probably say in this situation.

在这种情况下,您可能会说几句话。

The first would be get well soon.

第一是早日康复。

If someone you know is sick, you want them to feel better as quickly as possible.

如果您认识的人病了,您希望他们尽快好起来。

So you would say, get well soon.

所以你会说,早日康复吧。

And then you might even say that in a longer sentence, you might say, I hope you feel better soon.

然后你甚至可以用更长的句子来说,你可能会说,我希望你很快好起来。

So if someone you know tells you that they're sick, you would definitely say, get well soon, or I hope you feel better soon.

因此,如果您认识的人告诉您他们病了,您肯定会说“早日康复”或“我希望你早日康复”。

Maybe someone you know is going to have surgery.

也许您认识的某个人要去做手术。

They're going to the hospital for an operation.

他们要去医院做手术。

Before they go, you would probably say this, I hope all goes well.

在他们离开之前, 你可能会说,我希望一切顺利。

Basically what you're saying is that you're hoping that the surgery is effective.

基本上,你说的就是你希望手术有效。

You hope that the doctors and nurses do a good job and fix whatever it is that needs to be fixed. After the surgery, you would probably ask these two questions, how did it go and how are you feeling?

你希望医生和护士能做好工作,把需要修复的都修复好。手术后, 你可能会问这两个问题,手术进行得怎么样? 感觉怎么样?

You'll want to know if the surgery was effective and if it did help the person feel better.

您一定想知道手术是否有效,以及是否确实能帮助患者感觉更好。

And then you'll probably also say this, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

然后你可能还会说,我希望你早日康复。

After a surgery, your body needs time to heal, and we call this the recovery process.

手术后,您的身体需要时间来愈合,我们称之为恢复过程。

So you might say, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

所以你可能会说,我希望你早日康复。

I hope the recovery goes really, really quickly.

我希望恢复能够进展得非常非常快。

So I put this last one in here just for fun.

所以我把最后一个放在这里只是为了好玩。

It's what to say to your colleagues, your coworkers, at the end of the day on Friday, you might say one of two things.

这是周五下班后你应该对你的同事、你的同事说的话,你可能会说两件事之一。

You might say, have a good weekend.

你可能会说,周末愉快。

Or you might say, see you on Monday.

或者你可能会说,星期一见。

So if your work week goes from Monday to Friday and it's around 4:30 or 5:00 on Friday and you're about to go home, you would definitely say have a good weekend or see you on Monday.

因此,如果你的工作周是从周一到周五,而周五下午 4: 30 或 5:00 左右你正要回家, 你肯定会说“祝你周末愉快”或“周一见” 。

Well, hey, thank you for watching this English lesson about what to say to people when they share exciting news or serious news about their life.

好吧,嘿,感谢您观看这节英语课,它讲述了当人们分享他们生活中令人兴奋的消息或严肃的消息时该说些什么。

I hope you were able to learn a few more English words and phrases that you can use in your next English conversation.

我希望你能学到更多的英语单词和短语,以便在下一次英语对话中使用。

Remember, if this is your first time here, don't forget to click that red subscribe button over there.

请记住, 如果这是您第一次来这里,请不要忘记单击那边的红色订阅按钮。

Give me a thumbs up, leave a comment, and if you have some extra time and you want to improve your English, there's always more English lessons to watch.

给我点赞,留下评论,如果你有空闲时间,又想提高英语水平,这里还有更多的英语课程可以观看。

0 阅读:0
怀薇评国际趣事

怀薇评国际趣事

感谢大家的关注